Re: Linksys WPC11 again

> I've tried to run Debian unstable with the 2.4.18-686 kernel, but still no
> eth1 interface... I do have a eth0, but that one is for the ethernet card,
> AFAIK...
I use the kernels from kernel.org or a mirror not that I think the 2.4.18-686 kernel is that
different but you may have to get the pcmcia modules or some other package for it
I don't know

> 2.4.20...
>
> Do you know some sources of information, i.e. programs that can figure out
> statuses of things?

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Orinoco.html
also I know that when I insert my pcmcia card a script uses /etc/pcmcia/config
to know what driver to use and possible load
for instants there is a line with the following

card "Linksys WPC11 11Mbps 802.11b WLAN Card"
 version "Instant Wireless ", " Network PC CARD", "Version 01.02"
 bind "orinoco_cs"

I also noticed there is a /etc/pcmcia/config.opts
this seems to say what resources are available for PCMCIA devices such as
include memory 0xc0000-0xfffff
I wonder if changing the values to solve the 2.4.2[0,1] kernel problem with Resource in
use.  I'll have to read more in case that would be a bad thing to do.

Dan
--
GnuPG key at www.cotse.net/users/ddevries/mykey

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)