Re: Linksys WPC11 again

> I've seen some messages about the Linksys WPC11 wireless pcmcia NIC, wether
> to use the prims2_cs driver or the orinoco_cs driver...
I got one of those cards

> I've got such a card too, and am trying to get it running... with or without
> WEP, currently without, being I cannot get it to work...
> I've read the wlan howto, read the docs in wireless-tools, but I am stuck...
Never gotten WEP to work :( but without it I just insert card and the following load
orinoco_cs
orinoco
hermes
works like a charm

> here is some versioning:
>
> wireless-tools            25-3
> kernel-image-...        2.4.20-7
> kernel-pcmcia-...       2.4.20-7

my wireless-tools are 26-1 and my kernel is custom 2.4.18
funny I have a 2.4.20 and 2.4.21 custom kernels but my card doesn't get an eth0
is still I see
cs: memory probe 0x0c0000-0x0fffff: excluding 0xc0000-0xcffff 0xf0000-0xfffff
orinoco_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
 no matter what I do.  Tried searching for a solution but never found one
but I keep my 2.4.18 so I have wireless.

Hope that helps

Dan
--
GnuPG key at www.cotse.net/users/ddevries/mykey

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
- Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)