Re: pcmcia-cs trouble

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 04:33:42PM +0200, Ottavio Campana wrote:
[...]
> The adapter seems  to work only with the yenta_socket  module. If I load
> it  I  see  the  correct  debug  output.  I've  seens  that  the  debian
> package of  pcmcia always  loads the  i82365 module,  even if  I specify
> PCIC=yenta_socket .
>
> Why does  debian behave  in this  way? How  can I  make pcmcia  load the
> correct module?

it behaves correctly here:

cat /etc/default/pcmcia
# Defaults for pcmcia (sourced by /etc/init.d/pcmcia)
PCMCIA=yes
PCIC=yenta_socket
PCIC_OPTS=
CORE_OPTS=
CARDMGR_OPTS=

probably this part of the init script makes the modification to your
choice?

# Debian modification: Fix PCIC for stand-alone modules.
# yenta_socket -> i82365 on these systems.
# Existence of a standalone module implies that it is preferred.
if [ -d /lib/modules/preferred ] ; then
    PC=/lib/modules/preferred/pcmcia
else
    PC=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/pcmcia
fi
if [ "$PCIC" = yenta_socket -a -e $PC/i82365.o \
    -a ! -L $PC/i82365.o ]; then
    PCIC=i82365
fi

try to remove the offending modules or comment it out.

--
mattia
:wq!