Debian Woody on Asus L3C

Hi there,

it might be ridiculuos, but I have a problem installing woody on an ASUS L3500D laptop.

If I start installing woody with the bf24 command at the boot prompt, I get the installation menu. When I run cfdisk for partitioning my harddrive, I get the cfdisk menu but don't see the available options at the bottom. I only see the available partitions.

When I manually run commands on console 2, like ls / bin and the output has more lines as fitting on the screen, the screen doesn't scroll down to show me the boot prompt again after running the ls command, no page down or other keys bring me back to the boot prompt.

So, in fdisk or cfdisk I cannot scroll to the available options for partitioning the harddrive, there is no way to further install.

Does anybody have an idea what this could be and how to come around ??

Thanks
Uli