Re: port 80 access while downloading over ppp ?

I think you're correct Jesús,
	on a side note Michael  perhaps it's worth installing nmap and
snort (the
latest snort can be obtained by putting this in your
/etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://people.debian.org/~ssmeenk/snort-stable-i386/ ./
)
these two tools are very valuable for network security,
with

nmap localhost

you can check what state your ports are in (or those on any machine), an
dit might avoid any rootkitting tricks with netstat.

Snort is a tool which puts alerts in /var/log/snort/

if suspicious network activity takes place.

These tools might help you feel more secure (but not over-confident).
			Cheers,
				James

				James Ferrando