Re: port 80 access while downloading over ppp ?

On Thursday 10 July 2003 14:29, mi wrote:
> I don't know what information would be important to interprete the issue.
> I just attach all my few collected logging.

I believe this is due to one of those nasty windows viruses/worms that affect
IIS, like red code, nimda and the like. They scan randomly IP addresses on
port 80 looking for other machines (windows IIS) to infect, so that is
probably what happened to you. I wouldn't bother, I get those hits everyday.
Or at least I believe they only affect win boxes so far ;-)

--
 Jesús Roncero Franco   |   running debian linux
 Sevilla - Spain        |      gpg-key available