Re: Siemens S55 gsm phone w/ usb connection...

On Thu, 2003-07-10 at 09:51, Pawel Maczewski wrote:
> On 09 Jul 2003 14:32:13 +0200, nikolaj erichsen <negon@negon.dk> wrote:
>
> > Hi there
> >
> > I have a siemens me45 (similar to the s45) and have used irda with
> > success, on the me45 you can turn irda on and off, I actually have made
> > a voice command to do that, so that it only use the battery when it's
> > needed.
> >

> Hi, I also have ME45, could you tell me what options in the kernel you had
> to turn on to have a working connection with this phone? When I turn irda
> on I have no trace of that in my kern.log...
> regards,
>  Pawel

Hmm no special options I think,
CONFIG_IRLAN,
CONFIG_IRCOMM,
CONFIG_IRTTY_SIR
CONFIG_IRPORT_SIR
I think  if you know that your irda works then you should be able to
'see' the phone with irdadump.
Remember that you should use irattach to attach irda to a serial port
(don't remember exactly how, 'man irattach').
And ofcourse you must turn irda on the on the phone (and see the irda
icon) sorry if it's too obvious...:-)

-->nikolaj