Re: External monitor with Compaq Presario 1600

Welp, I recompiled a kernel without fb enabled, but when push comes to
shove, I can NOT swap physical displays after choosing an option (i.e.
one of the kernel image flavors) from the lilo menu. I am at a loss here.

I'm inclined to think that if it is possible in the lilo menu, this should
be possible without any special software, but then not being able to do if
while the machine is booting/after it has booted leaves me flabbergasted.

The reason why this functionality seems suddenly lost is completely
unclear to me.

Does anyone have suggestions on who to bother with this intriguing
problem?

Thanks.

Arjen