Re: DMA Problem

as far as I know the '*' doesn't indicate the current state of the Drive
it only indicates the standard setting of the Firmware. But some how
this isn't used in my case. And I suppose that if it would be already
enabled a "hdparm /dev/hda" wouldn't report this:
<output>
/dev/hda:
 multcount    = 16 (on)
 IO_support   =  0 (default 16-bit)
 unmaskirq    =  0 (off)
 using_dma    =  0 (off)
 keepsettings =  0 (off)
 readonly     =  0 (off)
 readahead    =  8 (on)
 geometry     = 7752/240/63, sectors = 117210240, start = 0
</output>

and I think with enabled DMA I should be able to copy Files from that HD
faster than at 2MB/s (At least this is the case on my colleague's
notebook ;-) ).

greets
Marcel