DMA Problem

Hi folks,

I already asked about this issue once but didn't get any answers so I
try it again.

I have an IBM Thinkpad A31p with Debian sarge + some sid packages on it.
Recently I updated to kernel 2.4.21 but with this kernel it seems not to
be possible to change into DMA mode. (it was possible with 2.4.20).

A "hdparm -d 1 /dev/hda" reports:
/dev/hda:
 setting using_dma to 1 (on)
 HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
 using_dma    =  0 (off)
Has anybody a hint why this can happen or at least where I can get some
answers?

Thanks in advance
Marcel

--
Marcel Gschwandl <tautau@gmx.ch>

The day Microsoft invents something that doesn't suck
is the day they start making vacuum cleaners. -- Ernst Jan Plugge