Re: ACPI Kernel 2.4.20

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 11:53:53AM -0400, Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 04:46:53PM +0200, Ducrot Bruno wrote:
> > Most of the issues you mention should be now fixed with 2.4.22-pre2.
>
> Ok. In the 2.4.21 kernel is it a patch problem, a kernel problem or
> the combination of both?

I don't know.  Probably ACPI bug I think.

> > (you forgot also the RTC horror show...)
>
> I don't know what that is...

Due to the silly bug in the ACPI interrupt routing code so that
on some system, when compiled with enhanced RTC
(which is compiled by default) was completly puzzled (compiling with
or without IOAPIC do not resolved that issue).
On debian system, for example, hwclock is called on startup, so
kaboom.

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.