Re: ACPI Kernel 2.4.20

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 03:23:35PM -0400, Dan Christensen wrote:
> Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane@xtrinsic.com> writes:
> > there seems to have been many problems with the 2.4.21 kernel and ACPI, so if you can,
> > I would stick to 2.4.20 for now.
>
> What sort of problems have there been?  Can you point to any
> discussions of these problems?

Try the acpi-support archive [1] for much of what I've seen. I've also had a
number of personal emails sent to me because of some documentation that I
wrote--the emails I've received have addressed a problem with APIC (which
is like ACPI in letters only) either being turned off or on (for some
folks it should be off but they have it on; for other folks it should be
on but they have it off). As best I can understand, APIC is for dual
processing stuff.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=acpi-support
[2] http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=4&var1=32

emma