RE: interrupt(s) dropped when lid closed

thanks.

the kernel does not have APM complied into it.  given the suggestion, i
went ahead and purged the apm utilities using dselect.

also, as i indicated before, i have disabled power managment with the
bios.

and, i still get the same message.  if the cover is closed, the laptop
does not accept any connections from the pcmcia nic card, and issues an
interrupt(s) dropped when something is directed to it.  could there be
something about the pcmcia cards themselves? (they are both belkin
f5d5020) or how they talk with the cpu?

i really don't know all that much about this stuff, but it seems to me that
(before the kernel update), when i closed the lid, and the lcd display went
off, that the linux os didn't react, but now, with 2.4.20, it does something
that prevents the pcmcia cards from talking to the cpu.  but, since APM is
in the kernel, linux shouldn't care at all if the lid is open or if the lid
is closed and the lcd screen is off, right?

any ideas where else i could look?

thanks again - ted