Re: Dell 8000 problems -- 4-way split screen

on Wed, 11 Jun 2003 03:18:03PM -0400, Jordan Lederman insinuated:
> I've run into this before, and it's due to incorrect detection of
> your video/monitor capibilites. At the boot prompt, do: <label>
> vga=ask (or vga=normal). <label> will be whatever image/kernel you'd
> like to use.

Hm, neither of those work.  I went through all possible options
offered me by vga=ask, too ... they all resize the font for a bit, but
then when they actually start booting the kernel, they switch back to
4-way overlapping.  Are there other boot parameters, perhaps, that
could modify this?

thanks a lot!

    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/