do I need cardmgr if using hotplug and yenta_socket?

hello,
After reading hotplug and pcmcia-cs docs I feel much confused, hence this big
question:
If I use the 2.4.20 kernel yenta_socket (CardBus) driver and PCI hotplug, do I
still need the pcmcia-cs package (cardmgr and related stuff) ? Pcmcia-cs doc
says YES, hotplug doc says NO...what about ME ? ;-)
It is fairly clear in this case that I do not need the additional modules
(drivers are already into the kernel) but what about the user tools ??
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.