Re: use apm and detect when the battery will be down.

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 08:04:50PM +0200, Francois Maltey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I buy an hp zt1201s and I install debian woody on it.
> Thanks to google and linux-on-laptops I can configure X11
> and the touchpad (but not yet the whell)
>
> It seems very difficult to patch the kernel for the acpi and
> if I make a mistake I broke down my laptop. So I prefer to use apm.
>
> But can I read the state of the battery with apm or an other program ?
> So I could predict when the laptop will shutdown.
>
> Have a good day.
>
> François

You can install the apmd debian package.  I use windowmaker so there are
dockapps like wmapm which shows the time remaining, percent of battery
strength, etc.  If you are using gnome or kde, there are probably
applets for each that do the same.  You could also just run the "apm"
command in a terminal or console.

--
Michael Perry | Do or do not. There is no try. -Master Yoda
mperry@lnxpowered.org | http://www.lnxpowered.org