PCMCIA Wireless Card

Hi Debian laptopers,

I would like to purchase a wireless 802.11b card for use with my
compaq 2135US laptop running debian woody (2.4.20 with acpi
patch). However I am not sure if the cards all work under just pcmcia
or if they require drivers as well. Could you let me know which
(reasonably priced cards) work and what drivers if any they
require. Any elaboration on your experirnces with this technology
would be greatly appreciated, this is my first journey into the
wireless realm and I fell a bit lost.

Loren A. Linden Levy
481 Loomis, Department of Physics
1110 W. Green St., Urbana, IL 61801-3080
Tel:   217-244-7995   Fax: 217-333-1215
Email: lindenle@uiuc.edu
url:   http://w3.physics.uiuc.edu/~lindenle/

"I see great things in baseball.  It's our
game - the American game. It [baseball] will
take our people out-of-doors, fill them with
oxygen, give them a larger physical stoicism.
Tend to relieve us from being a nervous,
dyspeptic set. Repair these losses, and be a
blessing to us."

    --Walt Whitman