Re: Netinst using 3Com 589d failure

On Thu, 15 May 2003 00:43:00 -0400 (EDT)
"Jerry Cheung" <mistamushu@excite.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I recently bought a toshiba satillite 100c (old 1995 machine)  and stuffed in a pcmcia ethernet card in.  Before I wiped off the really ancient win95, I checked to make sure that the card was supported and according to pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net , this card is supported
>
> So I went along and download the "compact" floppies: root, rescue, driver-1, driver-2, and all went well until I tried to configure the pcmcia.  Switching to the 3rd virtual terminal, I saw this message: "smc91-cs device or resource busy", and also "insmod: pcmica-core already exists"
> Thinking I picked the wrong choice of i82365, I tried both, but to no avail.
>
> Does any one use this card and know of any settings (irq, base address, etc) that I might've missed?  Or just what might fix this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Hello

im Using the 3c589d on a siemens secnic mobile 510 and a toshiba satellite 2540 cds.
it works on the address 0x300 and Irq 3,
when i installed i used the network install cd and choosed
to start whit bf24 at the boot prompt i am not sure but i think the installation program found the card by it self after i added the pcmica "support"

/ Peter Holmberg