Netinst using 3Com 589d failure

Hi there,

I recently bought a toshiba satillite 100c (old 1995 machine)  and stuffed in a pcmcia ethernet card in.  Before I wiped off the really ancient win95, I checked to make sure that the card was supported and according to pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net , this card is supported

So I went along and download the "compact" floppies: root, rescue, driver-1, driver-2, and all went well until I tried to configure the pcmcia.  Switching to the 3rd virtual terminal, I saw this message: "smc91-cs device or resource busy", and also "insmod: pcmica-core already exists"
Thinking I picked the wrong choice of i82365, I tried both, but to no avail.

Does any one use this card and know of any settings (irq, base address, etc) that I might've missed?  Or just what might fix this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com