Re: S-video

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:23:13 +0100 (BST)
Alessandro Speranza <speranza@math.unifi.it> wrote:

> Hi guys.
> I'm back with my laptop's problems. I haven't yet complained with the
> retailer about the battery, but before doing that, I want to sort out
> another issue.
>
> A few days ago I got an S-video+audio--->scart cable to connect my laptop
> (compaq presario 700) to the Tv and watch dvds with it. The video card
Got the same chipset, i've never try tv out (no svideo cable) but in the manual, it's said that I can't use the tvout while playing dvd (due to copyright law). I never try it but i wonder if it's a driver (or software) limitation or if it's hardware... everyone know?
my laptop is a gericom webgine advance 1400+
[...]
I can switch without probem betwen lcd and crt, even display on both.