Re: IBM Thinkpad R40

On Sunday 04 May 2003 23:14, Thomas Marquart wrote:

> Second, more important, APM. The laptop comes back up after suspend, but
> although the screen turns on, it stays black and I have no idea how to get
> the picture back. As it is ssh-able I can shut it down properly anyhow.

Sometimes, I have almost the same problem with my ThinkPad A31 (with an ATI
Radeon 7500 mobility): The screen is black and shows only some strange lines.

For me, the following works: (from http://n-dimensional.de/projects/thinkpad)

- Press Ctrl-Alt-F6 to get to a text console.
- Press Fn-F7, wait a few seconds.
- Press Fn-F7 one more time. You'll see your text console now. Press
Ctrl-Alt-F7 to switch back to the X11 screen.

Greetings
Jens

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil."
- Donald E. Knuth