Re: IBM Thinkpad R40

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Pavel Tavoda wrote:

> >Fn-F7 toggles the set of display devices active (CRT, LCD, Both), so
> >cycling through that will restore the screen from the state of backlit
> >but no image, at least for me.
> >
> Strange, on my notebooks (Gericom and Compaq) is Fn-F5!!! However IBM
> is always different ;-). Try also CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE which kill your X
> session (all
> data in X lost) but maybe it helps because it restart X server what mean
> reinit of
> graphic card.
> Also CTRL-ALT-F1 for switching to/from X sessoin can help sometimes.

did all that before - no help.
also tried suspend from the console (fb) as supposed in another mail, no
help either.

thanks for replying anyway :)
thomas
--
Go out and tell a lie that will make the whole family proud of you.
		-- Cadmus, to Pentheus, in "The Bacchae" by Euripides

(Signature generated automatically by fortune)
* thomas marquart * tom@uni-hd.de * http://tom.uni-hd.de *