Re: How many of you?

 --- Craig Genner <craig@gennerfam.freeserve.co.uk> escribió: > Reading this
list with interest a thought occurs to me.

> How many of you have actually installed linux on a laptop and not had to
> configure more than one or two programs to get a working system.
>
> I'm not talking about configuring it to how you like it, I'm talking about it
>
> just working so that you can get the work done with no fuss.
>
> Craig

I had great experiences with both Red Hat and Debian.  Both installed quite
easily.  The only "extra" config I "had" to do was to track down and install
the right modem drivers (Lucent winmodem), but that can hardly be blamed on the
individual Linux distros, as it includes proprietary binary-olnly code.  The
only other problem I had was getting the printer working in Debian (over the
network).  Other than that, everything worked well.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es