Re: sound on armada e500 w/debian

R. Potter wrote:
I am new to this mail list, so forgive me if I don't provide enough details for every one. I hope this is the right list for my msg. I have an Armada E500 (PIII 600, 128mb ram, 12 gig). I finally got Debian 3.0 installed but unable to get sound. I know SUSE will work, but I played around with KNOPPIX and fell in love with the APT-GET feature of Debian. So I am trying to make it work. Does any one here have the Armada E500 with Debian? If so, what must I do to get my sound card to be found and or configured? Not sure if related, but if I put an audio cd in the cd rom drive it refuses to mount, but if I put a Debian disk (one of the seven ISO disk's) it has no problem.

Does lspci show a sound chip? If not, you may need to install isapnp tools
and read isa howtos.