Re: Getting wifi to work on my vaio with Debian

Last night I returned the ConnectGear card (I think it was a we320, it
used the realtek rtl 1080 chipset) and bought an ambicom wl100-pc/pci
card. It was $90, but it was the only other card at Central that
claimed to work with Linux. There were a couple others that might
have.

I plugged it in and /var/log/messages said that it wanted to be eth1
so I copied my line for dhcp on eth0 and changed it to eth1 and the
thing worked. Someone near Central even has an open wifi system so I
was able to log on there. Unfortunately their firewall blocks ssh. Oh
well.

I still want to get my old Lucent PC24E-H-FC card working. It only has
64 bits of encryption so It won't work at the office, but with luck,
it'll work at home. I don't know how to tell off hand if it's pcmcia
or cardbus. If it's the former, it should work in my old Gatway
Liberty laptop.

   Larry

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.