Re: can't restore from suspend

From: "François TOURDE" <francois@tourde.org>

> I've had the same problem with my laptop (Dell Latitude C840), and once the
> screen saver disabled, no more crashes...

That sounds like a problem with the X configuration, definitely not ACPI.

> In fact, a screen blanking is not very usefull on a laptop. IMHO.

It _should_ be useful.  Screen blanking should save you lots of precious watts.
But since Dells seem to have the annoying habit of just blanking the screen but
_not_ turning off the backlight (and nobody seems to know how to force it off)
then I tend to agree.