Re: Unidentified subject!

> Not sure what this means.  Are you able to bring the interface up at
> all?  If not, you need to configure the card.  Are you not getting an ip

I probably do, but since I've been using Mandrake up 'til now I'm not sure
what tools are available to configure the card.  (I looked for 'linuxconf'
first thing...!)

> address?  That could be a configuration problem, or you might not have a
> dhcp client installed.  If you could post the error message, and perhaps
> the relevant line(s) from /etc/network/interfaces that would help.

No error message, it just isn't able to contact any IP.

I don't see any dhcp line in /etc/network/interfaces, so that may be
something I need to do.

Also, if this is relevant, I couldn't seem to use the cable modem when I
did the Woody install -- although it did say 'you need a dhcp server to
configure the network' and I just have a Linux box and a cable modem.
Does that mean I had a problem from the start?

I'm using the eepro100 module.  I selected it during install.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Known oxymorons: entertainment news, youth culture, focus group.
Probationary: intellectual courage, organized religion, deferred gratification.