Re: Switching from static IP to DHCP

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 12:14:26PM +0000, James Tappin wrote:
> Hi.
> 	I'm trying to change a laptop that is currently using static IP to use
> DHCP instead. Which package do I need to reconfigure to do this.
> (netbase and netenv don't seem to have the options to do that).

You can do this with netenv actually in some cases.
I have changed the config-file for my network ( /etc/netenv/apollo-home
) to include a line 'DHCP = "y"', instead of all the ip-stuff.
I am using a pcmcia network-card, so the network is being setup in
/etc/pcmcia/network and /etc/pcmcia/network.opts

In network.opts the netenv script is included to fill in the variables.

Grtz, Floris.

--

Nobody is perfect

I am nobody.