Re: Thinkpad R32 clock too slow

On 2003.03.12 22:19 Nicholas A. Preyss wrote:
Hi Nicholas,

What do you think? A hardware problem and I should send the notebook to IBM (still in guarantee time) or a software problem related to speedstep
or something like this? ( I switched in the bios all settings to the
most power saving ones)
I faced the same problem with my R32; a possible solution is to use ACPI
instead of APM - with ACPI, the clock stays "in time". Before abandoning
APM you should know the R32 has a buggy ECDT table in it's BIOS, so
the latest ACPI-patches won't work. IBM proposed an update, but hasn't
released it yet.

Regards,
Stefan