Re: CD-reader on SONY VAIO SR27K

Andre Eisenbach wrote:

> We're gonna get this running, it's just a matter of time :)

I admire - and appreciate - your attitude!

> Somebody suggested this:
> "In the kernel configuration try setting CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE to
> Yes. You can find it in ATA/IDE/MFM/RLL support | IDE, ATA and ATAPI
> Block devices | Use multi-mode by default."
>
> Did you try this?

CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE is already "yes" in my kernel.

As an experiment, I just rebuilt a version of the 2.4.19 kernel
with CONFIG_IDEDISK_MULTI_MODE set to "no".  I got the
same result when I did 'mount /cdrom' as previously:

: kernel: hde: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
: kernel: hde: command error: error=0x51
: kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 21:00 (hde), sector 132
: kernel: isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=21:00, iso_blknum=33, block=66
: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
:        or too many mounted file systems

Other suggestions, please?

Blair