Re: CD-reader on SONY VAIO SR27K

Andre Eisenbach suggested:

> Make sure your kernel support VFAT and ISO9660. The
> relevant kernel options are:
>
> CONFIG_FAT_FS=y
> CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=y
> CONFIG_VFAT_FS=y
> CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
> CONFIG_JOLIET=y

I rebuilt my kernel and made sure that these kernel options
are set.

[Side question relating to the kernel - How does lilo or
the kernel know which System.map to access?  For example,
I used the following

/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-t3      (the bzImage)
/boot/System.map-t3 -> /boot/System.map-2.4.19-t3   (the System.map)
/vmlinuz-t3 -> /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.19-t3

and in lilo.conf I had

image=/vmlinuz-t3
  label=Linux-t3
  root=/dev/hda5
  read-only

In other words, my questions is - who is reading System.map
and how are they accessing it? ]

Unfortunately I still get the same response when I do 'mount /cdrom':

: kernel: hde: command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
: kernel: hde: command error: error=0x51
: kernel: end_request: I/O error, dev 21:00 (hde), sector 132
: kernel: isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=21:00, iso_blknum=33, block=66
: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
:        or too many mounted file systems

Other suggestions, please?

Andre also suggested:

> CONFIG_SONYPI=y
>
> Once you got that compiled in, you can do
>   apt-get install sjog
>
> This will install a Jog-Dial program for X (sjog) as well
> as the command line utility spictrl which you can use to
> set the brightness.

I do not see CONFIG_SONYPI in the 2.4.19 kernel config file.
Perhaps you are using another kernel?

Blair