Re: Mail (smtp) config at different locations. Script or ..?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 04:16, Joao Pedro Clemente wrote:
> Anyway, I'm working at 2 different locations and besides that I also have
> net at home... This totals 3 different configs to send mail, so I would
> try to figure out what's best to setup..

For sending mail from my laptop I have Postfix installed and configured to
send mail via a port on localhost managed by inetd.  inetd spawns a ssh
tunnel to a server I run to relay the mail.

> What I really want to know is if I should use my mail client internal
> ability to send/read mail [kmail/sylpheed have pop3/smtp support] or if I
> should try to setup local mail servers:

I find that pop3s works well for reading mail.  I read all my mail on my
laptop, so I want to download it all and then spend some offline time reading
it and composing replies.