Re: sugestions on a PCMCIA wireless card?

Quoting ben <hengst.1@osu.edu>:

> I'm looking for a card that is
>
> PCMCIA ONLY as my laptop is based on an ISA bus. also i would like the
> card
> to be as inexpensive as posible (less then $40 prefered, but MUST under
>
> $70) i would like it to be 11M if at all posible and i want it to handle

Go on ebay; here's a search for you:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&ht=1&from=R4&ebaytag1=ebayreg&query=PCMCIA+wireless&CATEGORY0=160

I just bought a D-Link 650 series for 40-ish dollars; you should be able to get
an older wireless card (of the type you're looking for) for less than that.

I would say pick one by a company that's reasonably common (3Com, Lucent, for
example) and then check for Linux drivers before you bid.

Good luck!

Craig Steffen

--
http://www.craigsteffen.net/contact/
current goal: use a CueCat scanner to inventory my books