Re: A good Choice?

On Tue, 2003-02-25 at 06:27, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * Gustave Peterson <gustable@yahoo.com> [2003 Feb 25 06:11 -0600]:
> > What's a great brand of laptop to use with debian/libra?
>
> IBM Thinkpads are popular.  I've had perfect success with an older
> Thinkpad 390E, model # 2626-E0U, that I bought a few weeks back.  It's a
> mobile Pentium II running at 333 MHz and it runs Mozilla and OpenOffice
> just fine.  I'm pleased with it.  It's heavier than most newer models,
> but it's built to be very durable and the keyboard has a very nice feel.

I've been running Debian on my Dell Inspiron 8000 for over a year now
with no problems. The i8k is extremely well supported both in the kernel
and in available software. i8kutils is absolutely invaluable, especially
when you're in a meeting or other quiet spot and you don't want your
cooling fans kicking in.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837