Re: Compaq 1200 xl 106

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:26:22 -0500
Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz> wrote:

> Ben Hansen wrote:
> > Hi, I have a Compaq 1200 xl 106, it has a winmodem, and its the
> > one thing I cannot make function, any help?  Many thanks,
>
> At least my Compaq 1200 has Lucent winmodem for which are
> well-maintained binary only drivers (with Debian package
> installer) available on http://walbran.org/sean/linux/stodolsk/.

The link moved.  The appropriate page on the new site is:

http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/Ltmodem.html

There are compile kits that make the install fairly painless.  I have an
LT winmodem working in my ThinkPad 570.  I made a debian package as
well, though I'm not sure how machine-specific it is.  If you are using
kernel 2.4.20 and are feeling adventurous, I would be happy to supply
the deb.

--
Chas Becht
mailto:chasbecht@hotpop.com      (Public Key available on request)