Re: A good CHoice?

> What's a great brand of laptop to use with debian/libra?

Check out:

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

For a list of other people's successes with Linux on various laptops. It is extensive, but not definitive, as some newer successes are missing, e.g.:

http://www.hussar.demon.co.uk/linux/hpze4125.htm

Is missing (hopefully will be there shortly). (Spot the vested interest! ;) So use your favourite search engine to look for linux installation sucesses/nightmares on your selected laptop.

My experience is this: Newer laptops are less well supported, older may have better support. But older laptops have less motivation to be supported if they aren't. Also Linux takes time to install well onto a laptop, and you need to persevere.

Cheers,

Jason.