XFree86 and IOmega ZIP (ppa) conflict

Hi,

I've a IOmega zip drive (old model, ppa module) and when i connet it to my laptop that is already on XFree86 4.2.1 running kde 3.0.5a and make a file transfer, my mouse (/dev/psaux) behaves very strange, and it becomes useless. If i mount, copy and unmount the drive on console mode and then switch to X, it works fine... is there anything that can conflict between X and ppa ? my parallel port is using interrupt instead of pooling (it has the same behaviour on pooling)

Thanks,
Paulo Lopes