Re: Kde Tooltips - From kde 3.1/sid back to Kde 2.2.2/woody..

On Sat, 22 Feb 2003, Joao Pedro Clemente wrote:

> Anyway, I decided to go back to woody and kde 2.2.2.
> I changed my apt/preferences file as reported in apt_preferences man file
> and did a "apt-get -u dist-update" and it reverted sucessfully to woody
> (except for the /etc/debian_version file, that still says
> "testing/unstable": Anyone can tell me the default value?)
>
> Then I notisted that my kde 2.2.2 doesn't do tooltips when I hoover a
> button on the traybar. I can't be 100% sure, but I think before these
> changes to 3.1 and back it also didn't worked.
> (in 3.1 it worked fine)

Ther was a discussion recently (well, last year - somewhen....) on the
debian-testing list.
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/2002/debian-testing-200209/msg00068.html>
There were some people who wondered about how (and if) a downgrade was
possible. I do not remember the exact arguments, but I can remember that
this was not something that can be done by simply using apt-get. In fact
it looked like it cannot be done at all....
Well, thats at least what I remember....

cu
Joe.