Re: Kde Tooltips - From kde 3.1/sid back to Kde 2.2.2/woody..

> > Anyway, I decided to go back to woody and kde 2.2.2.
> > I changed my apt/preferences file as reported in apt_preferences man file
> > and did a "apt-get -u dist-update" and it reverted sucessfully to woody
> > (except for the /etc/debian_version file, that still says
> > "testing/unstable": Anyone can tell me the default value?)
> >
> > Then I notisted that my kde 2.2.2 doesn't do tooltips when I hoover a
> > button on the traybar. I can't be 100% sure, but I think before these
> > changes to 3.1 and back it also didn't worked.
> > (in 3.1 it worked fine)
>
> Ther was a discussion recently (well, last year - somewhen....) on the
> debian-testing list.
> <http://lists.debian.org/debian-testing/2002/debian-testing-200209/msg00068.html>
> There were some people who wondered about how (and if) a downgrade was
> possible. I do not remember the exact arguments, but I can remember that
> this was not something that can be done by simply using apt-get. In fact
> it looked like it cannot be done at all....
> Well, thats at least what I remember....

But I already downgraded sucessfully (at least to the extend that I've
worked 'will now). I actually followed the pinning instruction given
somewhere in the middle of that thread.

My questions are still the same:
a) How does kde 2.2.2 beheves for you regarding tooltips? They don't show
for me. [and yes, the option is enabled]
b) What is the value of /etc/debian_version

Thanks.