Re: CD-reader on SONY VAIO SR27K

Andrew Perrin wrote:

> I don't know if this will work -- on my Vaio (PCG-Z505HS)
> when I boot to the CD-ROM I have to enter the following
> at the emergency boot prompt:
>
> linux linux ide1=0x170,0x376
>
> and then it works. (This is from memory - can't find my
> notes right now.)  YMMV.

It does not seem to work for me, but remember that I am
NOT trying to boot from the CD-ROM, I am just trying to
use it to read CDs.

Does anyone have an idea what the message that I get
in /etc/syslog when I insert the PCMCIA card for the
CD-reader means:

: cardmgs[339]: get dev info on socket 0 failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

All suggestions gratefully received!

Blair