Re: Random keystrokes lost

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 01:15:52PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> [2003.02.06.2346 +0100]:
> > I think that it is related to Intel SpeedStep. If it's turned off,
> > random characters are lost. If it's turned on, it works all fine.
> > Prove that SpeedStep is, in fact, just a hack.
>
> Bollocks. The problems are still there. Fuck Dell!
>
> The problem had disappeared for two months or so, then suddenly it
> came back. No kernel upgrade, no BIOS upgrade, not even apt-get. Just
> a reboot.

Perhaps you had changed a BIOS option, where the change only takes
effect upon reboot?  IIRC last time it was apm-stuff...

Another possibility could be a failed hotswap; where the kernel attempts
to talk to e.g. a cd-rom drive that is no longer there.

> HELP!

You gotta love [dh]ell by now... :-)

--
Karl E. Jørgensen