Re: Thinkpad T30 Specs

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:41:43 -0800, Glen Mehn wrote:

> IIRC, Fn-F7 (suspend to disk) works by suspending to that 3GB recovery
> partition, but YMMV. (this was from a tp600, which had a much smaller
> recovery partition...)

Suspend to disk (hibernation) is Fn+12 on a T30. It has nothing to do with
the recovery partition. The recovery partion holds windows, driver and some additional
Software to reinstall the machine with windows. I'd backup the recovery
partion and delete it.

To get suspend to disk working on a T30 you'll have to create a large
(RAM+VideoRAM+1 MB) file on the first FAT (!) partition using the DOS
program phdisk.exe from [1].
Andrew Tridgells tphdisk [2] is a linux replacement for phdisk.exe. Give
it a try, you can't destroy anything.

Another way ist swsusp [3] which doen't use the APM BIOS at all.

  Reinhard

[1] ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/mobiles/stndalhd.exe
      (selfextracting archive)
[2] http://samba.org/junkcode/#tphdisk
[3] http://swsusp.sf.net/