acpi

Hello,

I have a laptop DELL 2650 and I try to get acpi to work on Debian Linux kernel 2.4.20, but it doesn't seem to be ok. Some things might work, some work not. In the first place, it would be nice if I would be able to read how much time I have left. If I use wmacpi, it always says that my 'battery is critical low'. So I change to acpi in console and the only thing I did is:

# acpi -bast
# battery 1: slot empty
# no support for device type: thermal
# AC Adapter 1: on-line

If I unplug my adapter, the last line becomes 'off-line'. As far as I know, I should get more info at the line 'battery 1:', but apparently, I have not. What am I missing/doing wrong?

thanks in advance,
Kurt Sys