Re: acpi

hello kurt..

Received at 2003-01-28 / 12:41 by Kurt Sys:

> I have a laptop DELL 2650 and I try to get acpi to work on Debian Linux
> kernel 2.4.20, but it doesn't seem to be ok. Some things might work,
> some work not. In the first place, it would be nice if I would be able
> to read how much time I have left. If I use wmacpi, it always says that
> my 'battery is critical low'. So I change to acpi in console and the
> only thing I did is:
>
> # acpi -bast
> # battery 1: slot empty
> # no support for device type: thermal
> # AC Adapter 1: on-line
>
> If I unplug my adapter, the last line becomes 'off-line'. As far as I
> know, I should get more info at the line 'battery 1:', but apparently, I
> have not. What am I missing/doing wrong?

did you apply the latest acpi-patch?

if yes, i wrote a little patch for wmacpi which should fix the battery
issue (http://www.kodeaffe.de/wmacpi/wmacpi-patch) for wmacpi 1.34.

anyway, the support for acpi for linux is quite limited.

cheers,
 sebastian

--
::: sebastian henschel