Re: Xircom Cardbus RBEM56G Modem Problem

Angus McMorland, 2003-Jan-23 22:06 +1300:
> Hi all,
>
> I've got a Dell Inspiron 7500 running an up-to-date Debian-testing
> system. I can't get the modem function of my Xircom Cardbus RBEM56G
> 10/100+Modem 56 PCMCIA card working. Network has always worked, but I've
> never seen any evidence that the modem is working, based on three
> things:

There is a kernel option, or module, called pcmcia_serial_cs.  Try
doing a modprobe for it.  I just realized I didn't set that on my
current kernel, but it's in my previous kernel.  Anyway, once to have
a kernel with this in it, or a module that you can load, it will find
you cardbus modem just fine.

Off to compile my new kernel...jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer