Re: Problem with daemon when offline

I installed "whereami" and am running exim as daemon.

I modified the /etc/init.d/networking to check whether there is a link
before trying to bring up an adapter to prevent having to wait for DHCP
time-outs.  You can do that by replacing the
	"ifup -a"
with
	"mii-tool eth0 2>&1 | grep "link ok" >/dev/null && ifup eth0"

Next, I have "whereami" detect where I am and, depending on whether or
not I'm connected to a network, set exim to queue mails or set the
smarthost and flush queued mail.

Everything works like a charm and I've never seen Exim slow down
anything.  Must be your exim config indeed.

Auke

--
PGP: 0x4A34DD6D, http://bunny.sourceforge.net/