Re: dhcp problem after recompiling kernel

On Sunday 27 October 2002 12:17, Auke Jilderda wrote:
> I'm running kernel 2.4.18 with dhclient as dhcp client.  Any suggestion
> on what the problem might be?

Hi, have you tried pump instead of dhclient?. I have a 2.4.18 as well and
everything was working fine with the network card at home, but for some
reason I couln't use dhcp in university. After a couple of days of hitting my
head agaisnt the wall (and use a "stolen" fixed ip address) I tried "
pump" and it worked without problems. So you could try to remove dhclient and
install pump. By the way, in the manpage or in the package description,
cannot remember now, it said something like it is for 2.2.x, so probably that
is why it doesn't work with 2.4.x, at least for me. Could that be because
woody shipped with a default 2.2.x? (has that changed?).

Hope it helps

Jose