Re: Woody, Orinico, and Airport Base Station DHCP

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 08:39:15PM -0500, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
>     "christophe" == christophe barbe <christophe@cattlegrid.net> writes:
>
>     >>
>     >> MTU problem perhaps?
>     >>
>     >> A relatively quick test could be to decrease the MTU on your
>     >> wireless connection (from the laptop) to e.g. 600 and see
>     >> whether it makes any difference.
>
>     christophe> How can I do that ?
>
> ifconfig eth0 mtu 600 #eth0 should be whatever your wireless card is

Thanks. I have tried. I can see in ifconfig that the mtu is changed but
It doesn't solve my problem.

What I don't understand is why at the exact same time I can see the page
with encompass (a very light browser based on gtkhtml) and not with
galeon. Mozilla is doing something differently ...

Also my laptop is a powerpc so I can trigger something ppc specific.

Christophe.