Re: Disable forced fsck

>>>>> "Sjon" == Sjon Wijnolst <swijnolst@salisbury.nl> writes:

Sjon> How can I disable a forced fsck-check during boottime on any
Sjon> volumes that are found to have errors? I already booted with
Sjon> rescue-disk and edited /etc/fstab to add 'nocheck' to the line for
Sjon> the volume. Didn't work.

Try changing the last number on the volume's line in /etc/fstab to 0.

,----[ excerpt - fstab man page ]
| The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8) program to  deter-
| mine the order in which filesystem checks are done at reboot time.  The
| root filesystem should be specified with a fs_passno of  1,  and  other
| filesystems  should  have a fs_passno of 2.  Filesystems within a drive
| will be checked sequentially, but filesystems on different drives  will
| be  checked  at  the  same time to utilize parallelism available in the
| hardware.  If the sixth field is not present or zero, a value  of  zero
| is  returned  and fsck will assume that the filesystem does not need to
| be checked.
`----

(Apparently the nocheck option doesn't apply to newer kernels.)

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA