Disable forced fsck

How can I disable a forced fsck-check during boottime on any volumes that
are found to have errors? I already booted with rescue-disk and edited
/etc/fstab to add 'nocheck' to the line for the volume. Didn't work.

Next, I tried to rename fsck to fsck.ori so it wouldn't be found. The boot
takes place but then halts when it finds errors. It tells me to CTRL-D to
reboot or enter root-password to go into maintenance mode to manually fix
the problem.

I want to disable it because my disk stops working when the check gets
around 7 %. I know,  this is not healthy - I already ordered a new disk but
until then I'd like to boot into my system.

Are there any bootprompt-arguments or something that I can use to let the
system boot normally even when it finds erros? I tried the bootprompt-howto,
google and some fora but didn't find my answer.

Thanks,

Sjon Wijnolst,
The Netherlands.